Acute Intermittent Porphyria (AIP) is a genetic metabolic disorder identified by a partial deletion or unavailability of heme, the oxygen-binding component of hemoglobin. It is characterized by a deficiency of the enzyme porphobilinogen deaminase. Both parents need to be carriers in order to pass this condition on to offspring. Symptoms of AIP can vary based on severity of the disorder and include severe abdominal pain, constipation and/or diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, red or brown urine, breathing problems, seizures, and high blood pressure. Muscle pain, neuropathy, and weakness are also common. Patients may also notice changes in their mental state at times, including anxiety, confusion, hallucinations, disorientation, and paranoia. The awareness ribbon for Acute Intermittent Porphyria is purple and can be found on products in the AIP Warrior Collection in the Unchargeables Shop.
Not sold in stores - Internet Exclusive!
View the entire Acute Intermittent Porphyria Collection HERE.
- Direct to garment technology with eco-friendly ink and the shirts feel and fit great
- Worldwide shipping - Created in the United States
- Delivery is 7-14 days from order
- 3.8-ounce, 100% cationic polyester interlock
- Gently contoured silhouette
- Self-fabric v-neck with open hem sleeves; Double-needle sleeves and hem
- Decoration type: Digital Print or Screen Print (based on design & quantity)
- Made by Sport-Tek®
- With purple awareness ribbon
We only work with the best designers and printers in the business to ensure you the best quality possible! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
Not happy? Shoot us a message and we will do just about anything to change that!