Polycythemia is a condition in which the hemocrit, or red blood cell volume, is elevated. It can be caused by either n increase in red blood cells or a decrease in plasma. There are two kinds of polycythemia, primary and secondary. In primary (aka absolute) polycythemia, the increase in red blood cells is due to a process in the bone marrow, but can also be a reaction to chronically low oxygen or rarely, a malignancy. Symptoms include headaches, vertigo, itching, formation of blood clots, and an enlarged spleen or liver. Primary polycythemia is usually congenital and hereditary. Secondary polycythemia is caused by a natural or artificial increase in erythropoietin and therefore erythrocytes in the blood. This condition usually resolves once the underlying cause is treated. Causes can include reactions to changes in altitude, high testosterone, blood letting, or be a complication of other conditions like heart issues or COPD. Treatments include increasing body fluids and blood letting, as well as medicines to treat symptoms. Polycythemia is represented by the red awareness ribbon and awareness products are available in the Unchargeables Shop.
Not sold in stores - Internet Exclusive!
View the entire Polycythemia Collection HERE.
- Printed on super soft premium combed and ring-spun cotton
- Direct to garment technology with eco-friendly ink and the shirts feel and fit great
- Worldwide shipping - Created in the United States
- Delivery is 7-14 days from order
- 100% Cotton Flannel
- No fly and no pockets; Covered elastic waistband with drawcord; Longer length and fuller cut
- Flannel pants are not intended for sleepwear
- Decoration type: Embroidery
- Made by Boxercraft
We only work with the best designers and printers in the business to ensure you the best quality possible!100% satisfaction guaranteed!
Not happy? Shoot us a message and we will do just about anything to change that!