Pemphigoid Gestationis (PG) is a rare pregnancy-associated autoimmune skin disease that is characterized by an itchy rash that develops into blisters. It is most common during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy. In most women with PG, the condition begins as an extremely itchy, hive-like rash during mid to late pregnancy. It often begins with red bumps around the belly button, but spreads to other parts of the body within days to weeks. After about 2 to 4 weeks, large, fluid-filled blisters form on the affected areas. Some people with PG don't develop blisters but instead have large, raised patches (plaques). Symptoms may resolve on their own, but can flare when the woman resumes menstruation or with other pregnancies. PG is usually treated with topical steroids and antihistamines. PG does not have a specific awareness ribbon but awareness products are available in the Unchargeables Shop.
Not sold in stores - Internet Exclusive!
View the entire Pemphigoid Gestationis Collection HERE.
- Direct to garment technology with eco-friendly ink and the shirts feel and fit great
- Worldwide shipping - Created in the United States
- Delivery is 7-14 days from order
- 6.1-ounce, 100% cotton
- Double-needle neck, sleeves and hem; Roomy Unisex Fit
- Ash is 99% cotton, 1% poly; Sport Grey is 90% cotton, 10% poly; Dark Heather is 50% cotton, 50% polyester