Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases (PIDD) are a group of more than 300 diseases that occur when there are defects in the body’s immune system. In most cases, PIDD are associated with acute or recurrent infections, depending on the portion of the immune system affected. Symptoms can include frequent and recurrent pneumonia, bronchitis, sinus infections, ear infections, meningitis or skin infections, inflammation and infection of internal organs, blood disorders, such as low platelet counts or anemia, digestive problems, such as cramping, loss of appetite, nausea and diarrhea, and delayed growth and development. PIDD includes autoimmune disorders such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and type 1 diabetes. PIDDs are typically diagnosed through blood tests. Treatments vary depending on the specific disorder, but can include preventing and treating infections, boosting the immune system, and treating the underlying cause of the immune problem, and even stem-cell therapy. PIDD is represented by the blue awareness ribbon and awareness products are available in the Unchargeables Shop.
Not sold in stores - Internet Exclusive!
View the entire Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases Collection HERE.
- Direct to garment technology with eco-friendly ink and the shirts feel and fit great
- Worldwide shipping - Created in the United States
- Delivery is 7-14 days from order
- 6.1-ounce, 100% cotton
- Double-needle neck, sleeves and hem; Roomy Unisex Fit
- Ash is 99% cotton, 1% poly; Sport Grey is 90% cotton, 10% poly; Dark Heather is 50% cotton, 50% polyester